Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Chookies - Coming Through!

This is one of the first productions I ever worked on (c. 1996) in the animation industry - a commercial for a new Brach's candy called Chookies. I was an "inker" then (in quotes because it was actually pencil finishes) and it also features some of my first effects animation - a chocolate waterfall. So much of my reel from those early days has been lost forever (my old cat peed on a lot of the VHS's) but I found this one the other day and decided to preserve it forever.

3 Comments:

Blogger C. Martin Croker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:51 AM  
Blogger C. Martin Croker said...

Well, blows me down! Arf, arf, arf!! I'd forgotten that you worked on this somewhat bizarre and vain attempt to put a positive spin on what amounted to push cookie "toaster leavin's" on the unsuspecting public. They sent some samples and holy cow! That job drove everybody insane! I just wish I'd been there the day the Funky Pope went off his nut, smashed the whole box of samples on the floor and jumped up and down on it like some crazy Harvey Kurtzman character while King Falls laughed his ass off.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Robert Pope said...

Good Lord. This is what I get for seeing how you're doing! What, were we seventeen when we did that? Jeezus. Anyhoo, hope alls' well wichoo!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home